Murat Yazar (born 1978) is a Kurdish photographer, based in Rome. Murat is from Eastern Turkey and he has created photo projects in his home country, in the Middle East, Armenia, Georgia, Iran and Europe. Murat crossed Anatolia into Georgia by walking 1200 km as part of the Out of Eden project.
The Refugees and A walk through Anatolia, BarrObjektif Festival, France, Centre Cívic Can Basté, Spain
Grants and Awards Include:
• Shadows of Kurdistan "Istituto italiano per il Medio ed Estremo Oriente" (ISMEO) e Istituto Kurdo di Roma
• Collaboration project with Rochester and Cornell universities: After curfew Silvan and Sur in Turkey.
• MonoVisions Black & White Photography Awards Winner 2019
• Sony World Photography Awards shortlist winner in 2020
• The Grand Prize winner of 2020 Banff Mountain Photo Essay Competition in 2020
• PX3 Paris 2020 Winner - Prize Silver in Book/Documentary
•Siena International Photo Award 2020 / Prize Honorable mention